loanDepot Wholesale values your patronage and protecting your confidential information is a priority. Our policies and procedures reinforce the fact that loanDepot Wholesale strongly believes in protecting the confidentiality and security of the information we collect about you as a customer, potential customer or former customer. We have adopted the following policies and procedures to safeguard the personal information about you in our possession.
Our Privacy Pledge
- We do not sell or rent customer information.
- We share customer information with certain employees and with companies providing services on our behalf in order to service your needs.
- Our policy is to require all employees and companies providing services on our behalf to keep customer information confidential.
Safeguarding Personal Information
- We have adopted policies and procedures designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized use or disclosure.
- We have implemented physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to maintain confidentiality and integrity of the personal information in our possession and to guard against unauthorized access. These include among other things, procedures for controlling access to customer files, building security programs and information technology security measures such as the use of passwords, firewalls, virus prevention and use detection software.
- We continue to assess new technology as it becomes available and to upgrade our physical and electronic security systems as appropriate.
- Our policy is to permit employees to access your personal information only if they have a business purpose for using such information, such as administering, providing or developing our products or services.
- Our policy, which governs the conduct of all of our employees, requires all employees to safeguard personal information about the consumers and customers we serve or have served in the past.
This is the fun part. Once you've been pre-approved and have an idea of what price range you qualify for, you can work with a real estate agent to view homes for sale in the areas you'd like to live. Once you find a home you like, you can work with the real estate agent to draw up an offer and complete a purchase agreement. The seller has the option to submit a counter-offer and you may go through several rounds of counters. Once you and the seller agree to the price and terms, escrow will be opened. Typical escrow periods are 30 days but 45 and 60 day escrows are not uncommon.
Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you to help us serve your financial needs, to provide you with quality products and services and to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. We consider non-public information about you in our possession to be personal information, even if you cease to be a customer. The personal information we collect about you may include among other things:
- Identifying information, such as your name, age, address, phone number and social security number
- Employment information
- Financial information such as your income, assets and liabilities, as well as information about your savings, investments, insurance and business.
loanDepot Wholesale does not alter its behavior or change its services upon receiving Do Not Track requests.
Typically, we collect this information on applications and other forms you complete, through conversations you may have with our loan originators and processors, with our other representatives, and in some cases, over our website. We may also collect information from a wide range of other sources in order to process and/or underwrite your loan. These sources may include among others, employers, attorneys, banks, title insurers, insurance companies and credit reporting agencies.
Sharing Information With Companies That Provide Services For Us
We share personal information about you, as required or permitted by law, with third parties, such as service providers who assist us in the day to day operations of our company in the administration, processing, servicing and sale of your loan. These third parties include among others, title companies, appraisers, insurance companies, underwriting services, processing services, printing companies, software providers, marketing services and purchasers of loans. Our policy is to require third party service providers to enter into confidentiality agreements with us, prohibiting them from using any personal information they obtain for any other purpose other than those for which they were retained or as required by law. We may also disclose information about you, when necessary or required, in legal and arbitration proceedings and to government agencies.
Our Do Not Call policy states that you may instruct us not to call you for marketing purposes by informing us at 1-844-400-6953 . Our employees are trained through Policies and Procedures to take action on your instructions within 30 days. Please note that we may still need to contact you for legitimate business reasons such as servicing of your loan or other non-marketing purposes.
If you do not want us to send you postal mail for marketing purposes, you may remove your name from current and future mailing lists by contacting us at 1-844-400-6953 .